[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update, 22jul2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Jul 23 17:42:07 BST 2020

On Thursday, July 23, 2020, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020, 02:40 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, July 23, 2020, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> > wrote:

> > > please raise a bugreport for it.
> > >

> > saw it, thank you for doing that.
> >
> > these look great btw
> >

> > https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soc.git;a=commitdiff;h=
> 78096b62db0345846cca70ab2f75f9c3519006c4
>

> Thanks! I used the same list of test values as in
> power-instruction-analyzer.

i wondered if, like in the ieee754fp tests, if some random values could be
added, too.

also, some exponentially scaled numbers.

two random uniform distributed numbers for div, the answer pretty much
averages out to 1 which is of course a fairly useless test.

by doing this you get a much better distribution suited to testing divide
full range:

x = random(1,32)
return random(0,1<<x)

l.