[libre-riscv-dev] nice timing diagram renderer

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jul 20 23:12:12 BST 2020

On Monday, July 20, 2020, Yehowshua <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu> wrote:

> > I found a nice open source timing diagram renderer:
> > https://wavedrom.com/
>

> Yes. Wavedrom generates nice diagrams mainly for documentation.
> It does require a bit of fiddling to make it work.
>
> I don’t think it will help us until we start working on making
> good docs.

the infrastructure is in place.

i have already set up docs.libre-soc.org and added a build / upload option
to the top level Makefile:

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soc.git;a=blob;f=Makefile;hb=HEAD

there was a conversation on irc with mithro that prompted me to investigate
and set it up.

wavedrom itself made me hesitant about installing it / adding it as a
dependency because it is a node application (iirc).

by contrast the graphviz builder sphinx plugin was dead simple and worked
immediately, it uses yosys and graphviz which we already use.