[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 19jul2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jul 19 22:36:08 BST 2020

yesterday:

* got alu FSM working example with a CompUnit "manager"

today:

* walked through some examples using cxxsim and encountered some bugs,
under investigation.
* talked with florent from enjoy-digital, he is going to add libre-soc
test_issuer to litex upstream for us.

once compiling test_issuer to run under verilator is possible, we *should*
be able to put together a 16550 uart example from fusesoc pretty quickly.

that will allow running of the full microwatt hello_world binary and, as
long as we can get access to the serial console we will have a first
"proper" demo.

from there running the microwatt micropython binary should also be easy.

i have no idea if verilator generates vcd files which would allow debugging
if there are issues (instructions missing for example)