[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 16jul2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jul 17 18:13:42 BST 2020

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 5:32 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> added code to switch out div pipeline's udivrem core to different
> implementations -- added an implementation that uses nmigen's div and
> rem operators for testing rest of div pipeline -- will add a FSM-based
> implementation soon

btw jacob i've been re-reading alu_hier.py - both of those classes -
ALU and DummyALU - *are* FSM-based (and obey the pipeline API).

i've taken a tag/snapshot of the pipeline work (div_pipeline) prior to
replacement, so we can always refer back to it.  i'm strongly leaning
towards ripping out the entire lot.  because of the abstraction of
using the ieee754fp code it's really hard to follow.  even with 6 to 8
editor windows open i'm having a hard time keeping up with it.

so feel free to rip out the whole lot ok?