[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 11jul2020
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Jul 11 14:28:00 BST 2020
* sorting out div, particularly overflow.
* helping samuel get up and running
* tracked down issue with whitequark that jacob highlighted, on vcd files
* added "overflow calculation" to MUL pseudocode
* added more MUL unit tests
i'm starting to become reasonably confident that MUL and DIV are
functionally correct. checking against first qemu then actual POWER9 would
help with that.
the only downside being that the blocks are so massive that we can't
realistically use them as-is. however the unit tests give us a baseline to
still the biggest next milestone is being able to select littlend/bigend
code in order to run microwatt unit tests. still thinking that through.
crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
More information about the libre-riscv-dev