[libre-riscv-dev] xdc2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 23:19:25 BST 2020

> On Jul 3, 2020, at 2:37 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>
>> we could also pick a different topic
>

> any ideas on that, anyone?

I do! I do! MAPPCA! (MAkePowerPcCoolAgain) hehehe I joke but given the above comments about riscv being fake open source I think we use this as an opportunity to promote a renaissance of (Open)Power(PC) hardware and associated software. Power really is a marvel of engineering, and what we’re planning to do with it is inanely cool!! So yeah I’d recommend we have an interwoven story about OpenPOWER and our project, to show that we’re using the OpenPowerISA and OpenPowerFoundation’s great “engineering” (i.e. the procedures for open ISA extension) to create the revolution in hardware that RV promised but is failing to deliver.

I also have a prospective investor that I need to prepare something similar for. I started the beginnings of this last month with the 10 page ‘script’ for the Alexa pitch back in June. I’ve talked to Luke about using this as a basis for future ‘marketing’ so I’d suggest we come up with a procedure for collaborative work on such things with myself taking primary responsibility for writing and editing, with technical input from our members (likely to be primarily Luke, but it would be great if this turns out not to be the case), as well as any and all other types of input from project members.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Cole