[libre-riscv-dev] Setting up our own CI runner

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 16:36:48 GMT 2020

> On Feb 26, 2020, at 2:14 AM, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 10:49 PM Veera <vklr at vkten.in> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 10:01:31PM -0800, Jacob Lifshay wrote:
>>> Veera, if Cole doesn't end up wanting to do the job, do you want to instead?
>>>
>>> Jacob
>>
>> Yeah, I can try it.
>>
>> Currently I am doing public-inbox setup work.
>>
>> If you guys do not mind me doing another task in parallel.
>
> I'll wait for Cole to have a chance at it first, since he had wanted
> something to do.
>
> If he doesn't want to, you can feel free to work on this too if you
> like, though public-inbox should have priority since it's more of a
> thing we need, rather than just a thing that would be nice to have.
>
>> I have to first read up about Gitlab and CI, a bit.
>>
>> Does Debian 10 has packages for them?
>
> I don't think so, installation instructions here:
>
> https://docs.gitlab.com/12.8/runner/install/
>
> Jacob

Will do. Jacob, I am interested in doing this nice to have.
I don’t think a budget should be assigned to it, I’m happy
to do this to help out and learn.

I have a Ryzen 2600X 6 core, 12 thread, 32 GB memory,
500 GB ssd, rx 570 4GB desktop that I use to do some
work on the evenings and weekends. I’d be happy to set
this up on there if you want to use your old rig for other
Debian CI.

I will put my other responses and question in the bug
report that I’m about to create.

Cole