[libre-riscv-dev] Eliminate Any Make [was: Avoiding CMake]

Scheming Pony scheming-pony at protonmail.com
Thu Feb 20 14:17:28 GMT 2020

> I'm curious about the formal verification. I gather you're talking
> about real software that runs on hardware, not a hardware description.
> What language and tools did you use to make this feasible? Or is that a
> confidential trade secret?

We didn't do "formal verification" in the sense of axioms and proofs and stuff.  The formality we did was DO-178B (Catastrophic), and also an attempt at certication of an Ada compiler.

I avoid secrets, almost completely now.  It was part of an academic research project, on my no longer maintained CV, and an FAA regulated certication process.  If you read all this stuff, you know as much as I do, I guess...