[libre-riscv-dev] Vulkanizing

Scheming Pony scheming-pony at protonmail.com
Wed Feb 19 19:15:23 GMT 2020

> as jacob said, we've already made the decision, 18 months ago, to go
> with Vulkan because it's the focal point/

Sunk cost fallacy?

Weatherhead, P.J. (1979). "Do Savannah Sparrows Commit the Concorde Fallacy?". Behav. Ecol. Sociobiol. Springer Berlin. 5 (4): 373–381. doi:10.1007/BF00292525.

I'm just going to be blunt and say this, Vulkan is a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_tarpit in my tiny insignificant opinion.

> later we can consider that, once we have multi-million-dollar backing.
>
> l.

Your flexible architecture could allow us to to OpenGL and Vulkan in parallel, with your current budget.  See my off-list email about Taiwan.  My laptop battery is at 1% and my brain needs liquid cooling possibly with ethanol at this point.

Later