[libre-riscv-dev] Vulkanizing

Scheming Pony scheming-pony at protonmail.com
Tue Feb 18 18:38:33 GMT 2020

Luke mentioned that you were going with Vulkan for the graphics API, no dissent was allowed.  My idea would be to go straight to ray tracing, but the available horsepower probably wouldn't be enough.  nVidia did have a ray tracing extension for Vulkan--is that standard now?  I told Luke that I'm at OpenGL 2.0 with GLSL and it's hard for me to move on.  RenderMan would be another alternative for a shader language.

Whatever happened to the ownership of the SGI graphics hardware designs?  What ever happened to Digital Alpha?  What ever happened to Thinking Machines?