[libre-riscv-dev] phoronix article dec 2019 about libre gpu

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Feb 15 11:07:44 GMT 2020

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/hardware/graphics-cards/1148553-libre-risc-v-accelerator-secures-300k-eur-in-grants-still-undecided-about-the-isa/

good article, nice discussion, good that you kept on top of it jacob, i
didn't know it was underway.

btw i do notice a pattern that if i engage with public discussions you tend
to leave it to me. i am happy not to type so much! perhaps we can instead
coordinate and meta-comment (throw metaphorical peanuts at whomever is
answering on a forum) :)

if anyone finds an article please do add it to
https://libre-riscv.org/3d_gpu/ then let everyone know here so we can
answer questions (and develop a FAQ).

one that comes up a lot, "why such a stupidly low performance target?"  and
the answer is, "have you got USD 100million times five so we can iterate a
full custom ASIC with a thousand cores?" that sort of thing.