[libre-riscv-dev] Hi, I am new and like to work, contribute to this project

Veera vklr at vkten.in
Wed Feb 12 07:57:37 GMT 2020

Hi,

I am Veera Kumar and like to work, contribute to this project.
I am settled in India. I am following the happenings of this project for a year.

It is a very useful Libre SOC project and I always wanted one for many years.
Sifive boards are very costly and also they lack a GPU and perhaps even if some
comes it may be proprietory with hidden backdoors, bugs, lack of documentation
and ease of using and integrating.

I am a self taught software user, developer and using Linux for 15 years.
I have knowledge in use of Linux distributions for personal purposes and have
developed my own private personal Linux distribution using LFS/CLFS instructions.
So I have knowledge in installing open source softwares from sources and doing system
administration. I have used Redhat, Fedora, Debian and few others.

Skills I Know:
1) Linux Distribution building
2) System administration
3) Shell, C, awk, Perl, Python, Lua, HTML, PHP
4) Develop websites, run VPS on Linux

I have very less knowledge of Digital design, HDL, FPGA's and ASIC's.
But have user level knowledge of computer hardware and discrete electronic
components.

If I may be of some use please tell me.

Thanks,
Veera