[libre-riscv-dev] AI Accelerator

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Feb 6 01:16:03 GMT 2020

On Thursday, February 6, 2020, Immanuel, Yehowshua U <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu>
wrote:

> Well, I would like to add ``AI accelerator`` to our intro pitch if nobody
> disagrees…
>
> AI looks good externally, and I’ll explain on our goals page that it for
> future iterations..

i'd like answers explored to the questions i asked before that happens.

ethical is not about *looking* good.  putting it crudely: falling over
backwards at the first hint of cash is going to result in people taking a
dim view of the promise to be ethical, as stated very clearly in the
charter.

always do good.
never do harm
the code applies *100% of the time*
everyone knows the code

therefore if AI is added, we have to do our due diligence and explore -
publicly - why it is ok to include.