[libre-riscv-dev] LibreSOC domain
colepoirier at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 20:48:43 GMT 2020
In that case, good. I like libre-soc.org. I do think Libre-SoC is fine. Upon further consideration, I think Libre-SoC, Libre SoC, and LibreSoC are very similar so ultimately whichever one is decided upon will be fine. But I do think LibreSoc has a slight advantage in terms of its visceral impression as brand name, or certification mark (not sure if this is relevant here or only with regard to EOMA68 and OpenPower ISA). But if LibreSoc would end up directing too much traffic erroneously to libresoc.org then I think Libre-SoC should be selected.
> On Feb 2, 2020, at 12:36 PM, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 2, 2020, 12:20 <whygee at f-cpu.org> wrote:
>>> On 2020-02-02 20:33, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>> On Sunday, February 2, 2020, Immanuel, Yehowshua U
>>> <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu>
>>>> Hey guys,
>>>> What’s the plan for moving domains - when would we like to do that by?
>>> good question. i am waiting for everyone to say "ok" because libresoc
>>> already taken.
>> i'm an early promoter of the idea.
>> waiting is a bad approach in this exact situation.
>> You can buy the domain preventively and then move if all agree.
>> Had I been in charge, I'd have done it immediately to prevent domain
> From what I understand, Luke already bought libre-soc.org
> libre-riscv-dev mailing list
> libre-riscv-dev at lists.libre-riscv.org
More information about the libre-riscv-dev