[libre-riscv-dev] microwatt feature request: "switch off all optimisations" mode

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Aug 3 02:35:40 BST 2020

On Monday, August 3, 2020, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-08-03 at 02:00 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > > Not really... I just made it all up :-)
> >
> > that's funny, i like it :)
> >
> > can we collaborate on making some more up, for example adding CR, XER
> > and the remaining SPRs to the list of registers?
>
> Sure. Patches welcome ;-)

ah i was thinking more along the lines of agreeing a spec that suits both
teams, even if the definitions are reserved for later implementation.

(btw we've an october tapeout deadline and i am not yet a vhdl developer).

by agreeing a set of registers, future teams with their own implementation
will want to save development effort and conform to the same spec.

Also check out Paul's WIP branches, he also
> occasionally add stuff.

willdo.

> > also bear in mind, FP regs may get added (to microwatt).  and that in
> > libresoc we intend to expand the scalar int and fp regs to 128
> > entries.
>
> Paul has some of that in his FPU work already.

ah excellent.