[libre-riscv-dev] gitlab-ci-archiver status

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Apr 10 13:08:37 BST 2020

On Friday, April 10, 2020, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 9, 2020, 18:57 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>
> > https://docs.rs/subprocess/0.1.18/subprocess/struct.Popen.html
> >
> > this one's better.  example which is pretty much exactly what is needed
> > should be 5 minutes work to add and test.
> >

> I was planning on using the program invocation functionality in the Rust
> standard library:
> https://doc.rust-lang.org/std/process/struct.Command.html

yeah that looks overkill (expect capability builtin) however the interface
looks pretty clean and the output() function has both stdout and stderr
capturable.

also the command return result (exit code) is available, which is important
to use the convention "0" as success and all nonzero values to be err
logged.

one thing is not obvious, if it is sync or async.