[libre-riscv-dev] nlnet 2019 standards update - video and 3d acceleration standards

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Apr 6 18:08:45 BST 2020

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 5:02 PM Immanuel, Yehowshua U
<yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu> wrote:

> https://libre-riscv.org/nlnet_2019_standards/
>
>  - Is this NLNet grant still valid now that we have moved to POWER?

yes - thank goodness i alerted them in advance to the change, and they
were happy with it.

>  - Do we need to update the objectives a little since we are now on POWER?

mmmm they stay the same.  hybrid CPU / GPU / VPU.  the details on the
other hand, yes those get to change.  not least, a rewrite of SV is
needed to "fit" POWER.  which is going to be a damn nuisance.