[libre-riscv-dev] submitted bugreport to upstream nmigen

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 21:27:39 BST 2020

On Apr 3 2020, at 12:24 pm, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 7:26 PM Jacob Lifshay
> <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We can build it on any other gitlab installation, if all else fails,
>> we can
>> install gitlab on jacob-build-server.
>
> which has ridiculous resources (32 GB RAM for a start).  plus, we have
> root access so can do backups etc.
>
> would you be happy for frieder to install gitlab on it?  (the more
> people doing stuff in parallel the better).
>
> l.

I did a little bit of research on how gitlab archives build logs and
build artifacts.

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/job_artifacts.html

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/job_logs.html#new-incremental-logging-architecture

I believe this is their official tool for doing such things.

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-workhorse

If you'd like I'd be willing to install gitlab and gitlab test runner on
my 2600x 32 GB machine, and purchase a sizable hard drive to serve as
one of the archives.

Is there some way that I can allocate only 2, 4, or 6 logical cores, and
say 12 or 16GB or ram, and 50MB/s of bandwidth? Perhaps I am not yet up
to the task of running a server on which the project critically depends.
But I do have these resources available, so if there is a way you can
think of making this useful and what you require please let me know.

Cole