[libre-riscv-dev] sorry state of ieee754fpu repo -- CI desperately needed

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Apr 3 11:48:10 BST 2020

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 11:30 AM Frieder Paape <frieder at paape.io> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> would setting up CI

it should be (because retrospectively we should have thought aboit it)
however it was not planned, so no, unless we write a proposal to cover
it.  this will involve specifically mentioning the fact that it is
documenting the ongoing success of the project, or something.

>and fixing the tests be eligible for receiving NLnet
> funding?

yes this one would be... except the only thing is we are almost out of
budget for the 2019-02-012 milestone covering the IEEE754 FPU.

and we cannot just take other budgets.

however what we can probably do is if other related tasks are
completed, perhaps those pay a tiny bit more generously (or, because
they were based on EUR living conditions, that may not be necessary)

regardless, we have to be extremely careful about that.

if we absolutely have to there does exist a cumulated budget from
Purism sponsorship.  it is not huge.