[libre-riscv-dev] sorry state of ieee754fpu repo -- CI desperately needed

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Apr 3 11:24:57 BST 2020

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 8:04 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> The ieee754fpu repo is filled with tests that don't work because of
> stuff like classes and imports being deleted/renamed, along with a few
> files that are just syntatically incorrect. I've given up on cleaning
> it up and having anything likely to still work by the time I'm done.

commit what you have.  it doesn't surprise me because i stopped trying
to get the FSM functionality running, focussed instead on the
pipelines, and did a code reorg in the middle.

then nmigen has morphed as well and because the tests take so long i
haven't run them.

> Luke, do you want to try to clean it up?

deep breath: if it takes such a long time i am tempted to suggest that
we all tackle it (as and when).

> This is something that could have been caught before it descended into
> chaos by having CI because it would fail and someone would get an
> email when people break stuff, hence why I'm trying to add CI.

good call.

oh.

we need a CI output list.