[libre-riscv-dev] funding for work on algebraics

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 01:48:17 BST 2019

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 1:52 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> Ok thought about it can you put new bugreport under main FP milestone, do
> subtract of EUR 750 from that, move it to new one.

Sounds good.

> New one as well for
> python bindings as drop in replacement for sfpy at 300 does that sound
> reasonable? Bindinfs should be quick right?

Sounds good, though I think we should have different bindings to avoid
needing global variables for rounding mode, exceptions, and similar.
I'm thinking we add a FPEnv type that holds all of that and all the FP
number types have a reference to the FPEnv type. That way, we can
avoid needing to pass the FPEnv to all the operations, we only need to
pass it to the operations that produce a FP number without any FP
numbers as input (mostly type conversions from integer or bits).

Will discuss on bug report.