[libre-riscv-dev] presentation on graphics drivers & doing it right the first time

Michael Pham pham.michael.98 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 05:51:56 BST 2019

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 12:44 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> more interesting things are likely to come out of xdc2019, unfortunately, I
> can't spend 9hr a day watching the live stream.

agreed, looking at the slides is more efficient use of time.

By the way, I was reading some of the comments on that new Intel
backend graphics compiler, and this comment specifically
https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/phoronix/latest-phoronix-articles/1130580-intel-has-been-quietly-developing-a-new-backend-compiler-for-their-opengl-vulkan-drivers?p=1130602#post1130602
, made me wonder how Kazan fits into this? So using the terminology in
that comment, is Kazan the driver model or backend compiler? Or both?

Michael