[libre-riscv-dev] porting AMDVLK to the Libre RISC-V 3D GPU: NLNet EUR 50, 000 Grant application

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Oct 2 04:34:23 BST 2019

On Wednesday, October 2, 2019, Michael Pham <pham.michael.98 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Oh I remember what my third point is now.
>
> Thirdly, even if we don't fund the RADV developers (which I don't see
> in the original proposal anyway), that doesn't stop us from creating a
> Libre RISC-V derivative of RADV. You guys (Jacob and Luke) can use the
> funds for your own development (plus anyone who wants to help out with
> the proposal).

Indeed.

We will be ripping up the entirety of the amdgpu portion anyway and
dropping in RISCV assembler.

My biggest concern is not pissing off Luc. As a fellow reverse engineer who
has been systematically under attack, just like Bunnie Huang has been,
ruining his quality of life and that of his family, there is just no way I
can possibly endorse that.

I will see if I can get through to him again.

L.