[libre-riscv-dev] pinmux in nmigen

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Mar 25 10:04:54 GMT 2019

hi rishabh,

i've been thinking about how we could keep you occupied with a task,
that would also allow you to become familiar with nmigen, and the most
sensible thing i think would be a nmigen version of the pinmux.

basically, going *right* back to the start of when we worked on the
BSV version, that first phase which creates code that understands the
specification, and getting it to output verilog that matches *exactly*
that cocotb unit test we created and you worked on, remember?

the second phase - the Interface Infrastructure Generator - we'll
leave that for now as it's waaaaay comprehensive and very closely tied
to the Shakti E-Class.

what do you think?