[libre-riscv-dev] IEEE754 FPU turning into ALU with Reservation Stations

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Mar 15 00:28:22 GMT 2019

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 4:07 PM Aleksandar Kostovic
<alexandar.kostovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok i got it. Will take baby steps to ensure everything works. But the
> amount of code in add.py file is huge and its not the easiest to uderstand,
> so it might take some time...

 much of it is experimentation, i'm not very happy about the increased
size, however it's an unavoidable side-efffect of turning the original
code into (a) modules and (b) single-stage pipelines.

 also, the vast majority of it really really needs to be split to a
separate shared python module.

 i think the most sensible thing to do is for me to do fpdiv.py and
you to track that in fpmul.py.  the modifications required are
near-identical.

 let's start with using FPState?