[libre-riscv-dev] div/mod algorithm written in python

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 10:32:30 BST 2019

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 1:26 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> ok have added unit tests which do the inf / nan / zero / random /
> permutations coverage, plus set a 20,000 random run going on each of
> FP16/32/64.  the FP64 one generates only like 3 values per second so
> that's going to take... 2 hours just on its own.
If the tests are set up to use unittest's testing framework,
pytest-xdist can be used to drastically speed up testing -- by about
an order of magnitude on my computer (6-cores/12-threads). If you have
multiple computers, pytest-xdist can distribute the test workload
between computers (though I haven't yet tried that).

> oh!  radix-8 - right!  yes, sorry, not an 8-bit-wide radix
> (radix-256), eek!  yes, sorry, with you now, i remember :)
>
> ok yes, hmm, i'll run the current batch (log2_radix=2) and look at
> log2_radix=3 next.
>
> i'd like to get this one declared "done" (milestone completed) then
I'm all for declaring division completed :)