[libre-riscv-dev] Introduction

Aleksandar Kostovic alexandar.kostovic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:29:33 GMT 2019

> nice.  i did set up some vim macros for highlighting the migen
> keywords, i have yet to work out how to get them to sit seamlessly on
> top of the python vim auto-detected bindings (without hacking global
> system files in /usr/share/vim....)

Actually i dont quite like VIM for anything except editing bash scrpits and
quick edits. For any kind of software needs i use sublime and for HDL stuff
i use ModelSim's built-in text editor. I can do it all in VIM but i just
prefer other solutions.

when you're comfortable and have that feeling best described as "a V8
> supercharged engine revving at 8000 RPM but the clutch pedal is still
> on the floor", do let me know, as there are some preliminary tests,
> simulations or self-contained projects that could be done (one being a
> modular pipelined IEEE754 ALU)

Oh believe me i know the feeling. I have it already but its just the lack
of time due to school recently that was stopping me. Now i have way more
free time starting friday so there is big window to jump start any project.
I personally have been reading a bit about floating point and how it works
already, so i have some concepts in mind. I will let you know when i am
ready to start that . Just expect it to be soon :)