[libre-riscv-dev] Introduction

Aleksandar Kostovic alexandar.kostovic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 16:26:56 GMT 2019

Hi Luke,

Yes i actually have read it fully. I am currently building the whole risc-v
toolchain along with spike simulator. Excited to play with that!

Also i have checked out the nmigen and i am pleased to say it am getting it
very well. Altho its not what i am used to, i find it quite minimalistic.
Most of examples listed in nmigen repo are under 30 lines of code and that
is super nice. Its not as verbose as i thought it would be, so thats a
plus. It really will be keeping us sane during the design as it will ease
the code understanding. I think i got this as far as nmigen goes.

Also i have read upon the spectre and meltdown stuff. Sure we could rely on
software patches, but its better to have them in hardware. I am yet to
understand how a possible solution would be for doing the patches in
hardware, so i wont make any conclusions on it.

I think i am getting the flow of the development and i and getting most of
the stuff. So far so good :)