[libre-riscv-dev] kazan | Dual license (#6)

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 18:03:09 GMT 2019

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019, 03:29 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> Or pay us.

If we're going to allow people to buy a proprietary license from us, we
need to have that in a contributor agreement because not all the
contributor's have agreed to allow that. We will also need a method of
determining how much each contributor is payed based on how much they
contributed and a method for contributors to specifically opt-out/opt-in of
receiving any payment for some of their code since they may have had
conflicting agreements with other people/organizations at the time of
contribution.

I suggest we set up a token on ethereum that we give some to each
contributor at the time of contribution (or somewhat later to save
transaction fees) and then when we are payed, we split the payment evenly
between all the owners of the token with a threshold amount being required
so we don't have to pay much more in the form of transaction fees. this
allows owners of the token to sell their share or buy more. the token would
basically act like stock.