[libre-riscv-dev] NLNet PET Funding: 1st round "accepted"

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Feb 20 11:57:44 GMT 2019

so i received a notification that we've been selected for the 2nd
round evaluation process for a $EUR 50,000 grant.  the process is
described here: https://nlnet.nl/PET/guideforapplicants/

the CFP is here:
https://nlnet.nl/PET/

even after the 2nd round evaluation they still have many more
applicants for up to EUR $50,000 grants than available funds (EUR
$5.6m) so there must be well over a hundred applications they have to
process.

basically, as there isn't anything remotely like what we are doing
being done by anyone else, we stand an extremely high chance of
receiving funding.  we will however need to be responsive to the
questions as part of the 2nd round evaluation process.

for this project, i am sticking to the "unanimous" decision-making, so
that means all of us need to approve (or agree to defer) the answers,
when the questions come in.  daniel, i'm aware that you're part-time
responsive, and we may not be able to wait.

thoughts appreciated,