[libre-riscv-dev] development workflow

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Feb 18 12:49:11 GMT 2019

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 12:18 PM Hendrik Boom <hendrik at topoi.pooq.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 09:16:15AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>

> >  debian/testing, with angband.pl's "nosystemd" packages, using fvwm2.
> > been using fvwm2 for 20 years.  http://lkcl.net/fvwm2rc is the config.
>
> I haven't heard of angband.pl's "nosystemd" packages.

 maintained by kilobyte, he created a recompilation of debian packages
with "--without-systemd" added to the debian/rules configuration
options.

> I use devuan instead.  It's debian that someone else has gone to the
> trouble of removing systemd.

 yeahh, unfortunately that brings its own problems if you're running
normally on debian/testing and occasionally need debian/unstable
packages.

 plus, devuan's mission is "to be inclusive to *all* init systems"...
so why is systemd excluded??  there's a cognitive dissonance there
that i can't accept.

> It seems to be an uphill battle taking
> systemd out of devuan as Debian seems to keep adding in dependencies.

 https://www.cvedetails.com/google-search-results.php?q=systemd&sa=Search

 "about 728 results"....