[libre-riscv-dev] development workflow

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Feb 16 21:30:21 GMT 2019

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 9:16 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have multiple monitors instead of one really high resolution one. That
> can be less expensive (I got a 1080p monitor for $18 once). I'm currently
> using 3 1080p monitors. I don't have space to use all of my monitors, so I
> have some left unused right now. This also means I can get a 144Hz monitor
> for games without having to pay a huge amount.

 cool :)  if ever you wanted to add more, do take a look at
displaylink's products.  i'm a big fan of the older UD160A (it has
USB-Eth and 4x USB2 ports as well), however they now have USB3-to-HDMI
products.

> Unfortunately, not all editors support multiple monitors properly. :(

 yehh i avoided that problem by sticking with vim in xterms,
backgrounding between 10 and *150* vi sessions in a single xterm
window (jobs | grep keyword - no, really!) and then at least with
xinerama set up correctly they could hypothetically be moved between
screens.

 if i really *really* got stuck and couldn't do that, the program
named "screen" could be used.