[libre-riscv-dev] OpenPiton parallelism and some links

oajhfappp at firemail.cc oajhfappp at firemail.cc
Wed Feb 6 05:22:16 GMT 2019

First of all, thanks for everyone working on this project.
I don't know the technical details, but I really appreciate the efforts.

The Princeton University has a project called OpenPiton[1]. It's a
open source manycore processor. Originally based on OpenSPARC, but
some people ported some parts to work with RISC-V (see Ariane[2] and
JuxtaPiton[3]).
Other projects from PULP also explores parallelism, such as bigPULP[4].

I thought maybe Simple-V could explore the parallel mechanism from these
projects?
Or the caching mechanism?

Also, there's some exciting work being done on HDL (Clash[5] and BSV[6])
and on
open sourcing FPGA's workflow (see Symbiflow[7], Nextpnr[8], and
nMigen[9] for
software and TinyFPGA[10], Radiona ULX3S[11] and Fomu[12] for hardware).

Hope some of these can be useful.

[1] http://parallel.princeton.edu/openpiton
[2]
https://github.com/pulp-platform/ariane#preliminary-support-for-openpiton-cache-system