[libre-riscv-dev] [Libre-silicon-devel] [OT only slightly] STEAM Camp OpenSourceEcology 22jan2020 for 9 days

Marcin Jakubowski marcin at opensourceecology.org
Tue Dec 31 23:58:41 GMT 2019

David and Crew,

This is great - https://libresilicon.com/

What are the current equipment needs that Open Source Ecology can help
with?We design and build industrial machines, and on our roadmap for 2022
is production of photovoltaics. How much overlap is there for equipment
needs?

Great diagrams at
https://download.libresilicon.com/process/v1/process_hightech_steps.pdf -
thanks for producing that.

For some of the machines - Ion implanter • Plasma etcher • Sputter engine
(Metal deposition) • Diffusion furnace • CVD/LPCVD machine • Exposure unit
- are these the high cost items that constitute the majority of the $1B
cost of  a fab? Or are there other major costs? My starting assumption is
that we can reduce the cost of a $1B fab 100x with open source design and
collaboration.

Are you aware of any viable open source versions of the above equipment?

Regarding smart-contract based rewarding of IP contributors in your Lightning
Talk <https://download.libresilicon.com/propaganda/talk.pdf> - does that
mechanism have traction yet?

Thanks,
Marcin

--
*Full Disclosure:* OSE works openly. All conversations in this email are
intended to be transparent and subject to sharing, with due respect. OSE

See Global Village Construction Set TED Talk
<http://www.ted.com/talks/marcin_jakubowski>. See latest build of Seed
Eco-Home
<https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/622508883/open-building-institute-eco-building-toolkit/posts/1750160>.
Subscribe
as a True Fan <http://opensourceecology.org/community/#truefans>. See OSE
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/OpenSourceEcology> for updates or join
the discussion at the OSE Workshops FB Page
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/398759490316633/>. Subscribe to monthly
update OSEmail
<https://www.opensourceecology.org/moving-to-open-source-email-list-software/>.
Donate to our 501(c)3
<http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Other_donation_options>. OSE work is an
ambitious volunteer project. Please consider joining as a dedicated OSE
Developer <http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/OSE_Developers>.

Marcin Jakubowski, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Open Source Ecology