[libre-riscv-dev] [isa-dev] Re: FP transcendentals (trigonometry, root/exp/log) proposal

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 08:40:29 BST 2019

On Friday, August 9, 2019 at 8:25:54 AM UTC+1, andrew wrote:

> Andrew: I appreciate that you're busy
>

> Good point - I capitulate.

Andrew!  that doesn't help!  your input here is just as valuable as
everyone else's.  if you believe you have a better idea *it's important to
evaluate it*!

there used to be something in here about "capitulation" and how it's a
disempowerment strategy - https://www.crnhq.org/cr-kit/ - however they've
redone the pages slightly and I can't find it, so don't know what the
appropriate "response" is that will help.

my observations are that just at the point where there was the
*possibility* that i had answered your question... you capitulated and gave
up on the discussion.  of course, that leaves us sadly with the possibility
that you won't even see this or any other efforts to include you in the
discussion.

sigh.

there's got to be a better way than this.  if nothing changes it's going to
be *two more years* of absolute hell, for everyone.