[libre-riscv-dev] spike-sv non-default element widths

lkcl lkcl at libre-riscv.org
Fri Oct 26 08:50:11 BST 2018

 http://lists.libre-riscv.org/pipermail/libre-riscv-dev/2018-October/000122.html

> as last I had heard the widths used were
> default, default * 2, default / 2 and 8. I like the new widths better.

 yeah they kinda feel right, and, also, the logic for working out the
max elwidth is real simple.  0b00 in lhs OR 0b00 in rhs equals 0b00;
otherwise max(lhs, rhs).  so the target ends up as default bitwidth if
either src op is default.  quite interesting.