[libre-riscv-dev] New Person

lkcl lkcl at libre-riscv.org
Fri Oct 12 08:30:10 BST 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 7:08 AM Daniel Benusovich
<flyingmonkeys1996 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I edited the spike.cc found in the spike-sv riscv-isa-sim version and added
> ye old verification (a printf) to see if I was running the correct spike
> version and viola output! I was able to run the commands directly via spike
> after running "make clean" on riscv-tools/riscv-isa-sim/build and "make
> install" on riscv-isa-sim/build (the lbre version).

 ok, did you follow the investigatory advice i sent? spike is
subdivided into "main stub program" and "libraries implementing
instructions that the stub executable will load".

 if there are *TWO* copies of those libraries, somewhere in the path,
what do you imagine will happen?

 one of them will take priority, won't it, no matter how many times
you install "the other one"?

 so that's why i said, you need to track down where the program - and
the libraries - which you can see in the riscv-isa-sim directory with
"ls -altr *.so" - have been installed.

> Flipping the process
> would not cause the printout to me confirming that something good is
> happening. I did not discover where the debug output you spoke of was sent
> to; if it goes to the console then I am still very much lost! If it does
> not go to the console do let me know where it is stored so I can search for
> it.

 it's on the console... *IF* you follow the advice that i gave in the
process has placed spike and its associated libraries, and remove /
rename them.

> If this is all correct do tell me what to fuss over next. I will happily
> add to the installation procedure docs so that my mother could try and
> install this as well if i did it correctly haha.

 :)

 do add things, on the wiki page, directly, in real-time *as you are
going along*, otherwise little details tend to get forgotten.

 do not be in the least bit afraid "oh i might break something" on the
wiki page, it's backed by a git repository so there is absolutely no
chance of losing anything.