[libre-riscv-dev] New Person

Daniel Benusovich flyingmonkeys1996 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 04:43:12 BST 2018

I have a few questions on the environment.

riscv-tools repository has a version of Spike. Is the same one contained in
the libre-riscv repository a fork of that one? I noticed it does have the
libre-riscv repository version has a description stating it is an augmented
version but I just want to be sure.

What you asked me to document is the process of creating a development
environment that one can use to compile and then run a sample program using
the simulator correct? The instructions on the page detail vaguely how to
set it up but not how to verify the installation or compile/run any
programs which I am guessing is the missing documentation that needs to be
done.

Also are the unit tests that need work regarding the Spike simulator or
another component of the project? If it is the Spike sim unit tests need
work is it the tests in the riscv-tools repository or the libre-riscv
repository?

Thanks for your time!

- Daniel