[libre-riscv-dev] 1R1W regfiles

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 07:29:38 GMT 2018

Assuming the VPU load doesn't require 8/16-bit matrix support, the Vulkan
driver doesn't require anything smaller than 32-bit matrices so I think we
could just trap and emulate or split into several micro-ops for non-aligned
8 and 16-bit remapping and just have the compiler avoid non-aligned
8/16-bit operations.

We could share a single multi-stage byte crossbar for load gather/store
scatter and for vector swizzle.

This allows us to treat everything as if it is processed in 32-bit or
larger chunks with either muxing in the old bytes internally in the alu for
forwarding or we could specify that SV muxes in zeros/ones on unused
sub-register elements.